You must Sign In to post a response.
Please post your views, criticisms, predictions, assessments and everything about the ICC World Cup 2019 as a response to this thread only.
  • Category: Cricket

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 (30 May 2019 to 14 July 2019)

The 12th edition of the Cricket World Cup-2019, officially ICC Cricket World Cup will be hosted by England and Wales, from 30 May to 14 July 2019.

The 2019 World Cup will feature 10 teams :
    1. Afghanistan 2. Australia 3. Bangladesh 4. England 5. India
    6. New Zealand 7. Pakistan 8. South Africa 9. Sri Lanka 10. West Indies

The group stage format is a round-robin, where all ten teams will play each other once, in a single group. A similar format was previously used in the 1992 Cricket World Cup that featured nine teams instead of ten. This means a total of 45 matches will be played, with each team playing a total of nine matches. The top four teams from the group will progress to the knockout stage.

Let us all start our own discussion (Personal Views) :
    1. Team reviews
    2. Toughest Team
    3. Most Favourite Team of the Tournament.
    4. Match reviews (Before match & After Match)
    5. Game predictions (Everyday match prediction before the match begins)

Let the best team Win!
    Good information about the World Cup. Every country has to meet all other countries. That means there are no groups. This is a change from the last cup. As the tournament is coming nearer all cricket lovers are eagerly waiting for the game to start. I wish all the best to Our Indian team.
    drrao
    always confident

Looking forward to this interesting event of ICC cricket world cup 2019. This is a big event and all the teams will be looking to grab the titles. I hope the best team will come out to lift this title.
    India is playing good cricket, So their chances are fair but other teams are also playing well. Let's hope for the best team to win the World cup.

EX Captain of Indian cricket team Mr Azaruddin says that Indian team is the favourite for this world cup. He says our team is having all the strengths required to win the world cup this time. He says Indian bowlers in the team are very good and they can win matches. He says England will be in the second and Australia will be in third positions as favourites.

I am also of the opinion that India is having good bowlers and batsmen also. The young people are very good in the field and MSD is there to help Kohli in planning and resources utilisation. So there are very good chances for India to win. The first match for India will be with South Africa on June 5th.

But many people are very much tired in the just concluded IPL matches and they should give sufficient rest to themselves and then get ready for the big event. All the players require practice there on the pitches to get ready for the event.

Let us wait and enjoy cricket. Winning and losing is all in the game. But one should play for the game and the game should win always. All the best to Indian Team.

drrao
    always confident

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Jhonty Rhodes(South African cricketer) the ardent lover of India and his daughter name is Indiana(so much love for India) had told India has no chances of winning the World cup.
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Let me introduce the 10 teams and their full squads :

1. Afghanistan - Gulbadin Naib (capt), Mohammad Shahzad (wk), Noor Ali Zadran, Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmat Shah, Asghar Afghan, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Najibullah Zadran, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Dawlat Zadran, Aftab Alam, Hamid Hassan, Mujeeb ur Rahman.

2. Australia - Aaron Finch (c), Jason Behrendorff, Alex Carey (vc & wk), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa

3. Bangladesh - Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Tamim Iqbal, Liton Das, Soumya Sarkar, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mahmudullah Riyad, Shakib Al Hasan (vc), Mohammad Mithun (wk), Sabbir Rahman, Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mehidy Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Abu Jayed

4. England - Eoin Morgan (c), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Jos Buttler (vc & wk), Tom Curran, Joe Denly, Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

5. India - Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Vijay Shankar, Dinesh Karthik (wk), KL Rahul, Ravindra Jadeja

6. New Zealand - Kane Williamson (c), Tom Blundell (wk), Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham (wk), Colin Munro, Jimmy Neesham, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee (vc), Ross Taylor

7. Pakistan - Sarfaraz Ahmed (c & wk), Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Abid Ali, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik (vc), Mohammad Hafeez, Haris Sohail, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Hasnain

8. South Africa - Faf du Plessis (c), Quinton de Kock (vc & wk), David Miller, JP Duminy, Hashim Amla, Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Dale Steyn, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Imran Tahir, Tabraiz Shamsi

9. Sri Lanka - Dimith Karunaratne (c), Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Kusal Perera (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Kusal Mendis (wk), Isuru Udana, Milinda Siriwardana, Avishka Fernando, Jeevan Mendis, Lahiru Thirimanne, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Pradeep, Suranga Lakmal

10. West Indies - Jason Holder (c), Evin Lewis, Darren Bravo, Chris Gayle, Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite, Nicholas Pooran, Oshane Thomas, Shai Hope (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Fabien Allen, Sheldon Cottrell, Shannon Gabriel, Kemar Roach, Ashley Nurse

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

To me frankly speaking England and Australia are looking formidable the other teams all are alike. New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan have no chances of Winning the WC just they re participating. Rest of the teams have chances...

Nice information related to the ICC world cup 2019. This is going to be a very interesting event and I think India due to its expertise in the game of cricket will do exceedingly well in this coming match.
    Knowledge is power.

Mr. Bhushan: Thanks for your erudite expert's comment. I think that not only England and Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Srilanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan also have fair chances of winning the World Cup.

By the way, can any other Member let me know why Zimbabwe (a Test-playing country) is not participating in this World Cup?

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

Mr. Partha #167 :
    Zimbabwe miss out of a World Cup slot in 2019 is that ICC has not only cut the number of participating teams from 14 to 10 but has also introduced a new World Cup system.
    The lowest ranked ODI teams as of September 30(2018) play in a qualification event with lower tier sides, with the top two from that competition joining eight automatic qualifiers for the World Cup.

Thanks, Mr. Varghese for the information. I was not aware of it. So, Afghanistan is playing the World Cup but Zimbabwe doesn't.

In my opinion, England has a fair chance because they are hosting it. Host nations always have a better chance than others because their players know about the pitches than any player of other countries, also they are well adapted to the weather conditions of their own country.

Also, India has a big chance to win the world cup because they have a very balanced team and Bombrah being the best bowler in the world cup with batsmen like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and have an experienced player like MS Dhoni. We can't deny that we are one of the favourites in this world cup.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Just thought of putting the World cup winners details(Attached)

WC-2019_Cricket.xlsx

Delete Attachment

ICC World Cup is one of the most awaited event that comes in a four year duration. All cricket fans eagerly wait for the matches of their favorite team. Cricket is game of uncertainty but the strong team always win. In this world cup 2019, I consider India as one of the most favorite team because of world class players like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, MS Dhoni, Shikhar Dhavan, Hardik Pandya, Bumrah, Bhuvaneshwar kumar and K L Rahul. I do not understand why Vijay Shankar is selected in XI. He has not done well in his cricketing career of one or two years so far. There is no statistics which give him preference compared with other players.

India has balanced team and can give tough fight with England and Australia. One should ready for surprise in each game. Non world cup winners countries like England, New Zealand and South Africa has chance to prove their part and has a chance to win this year's world cup but it will be a difficult to counter attack India which is one of the strong team in current time.

Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Back when I wrote this article, I predicted England to be one of the topmost contenders for the cup. Then after this recent series against Pakistan, I have my own doubts regarding England. Even though their batting is as strong as ever, their bowling seems to be clueless when confronted with a bit of pressure. And just think of it - what would happen against the much stronger batting teams? England's bowling would most likely fall apart.
    Things elsewhere have changed a bit too. West Indies (recent series with England) and Australia look like they have regained a bit of momentum (except for Australia's recent struggles against New Zealand XI). South Africa may be left with an open wound if Rabada isn't able to give his hundred percent. So it is still very much an open contest.

Can somebody please clarify the timings of the live telecast of the matches as per IST? I plan to watch them on Hotstar.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Today let me discuss about our 15 Member Indian squad for World-cup.
    1. Virat Kohli (captain)- Kohli has been in brilliant form over the past two ODI seasons. Even his batting in the recent IPL was outstanding. This should really help him to keep the scoreboard running. This will be Kohli's 3rd consecutive World Cup, with 587 runs in 17 matches, averaging 41.92 with his best score being 107 vs Pakistan in 2015.

2. Rohit Sharma(VC) - Rohit's performance in the past two ODI seasons has been remarkable. His recent batting in IPL 2019 season was also good. He had a brilliant 2015 World Cup, where he scored 330 runs at an average of 47.14, his highest score of 137 coming against Bangladesh in the quarter-final.

3. Shikhar Dhawan - Dhawan performances in the 2019 IPL season were brilliant. Dhawan had an impressive 2015 World Cup, scoring 412 runs at an average of 51.5, his highest score being 137 against South Africa.

4. MS Dhoni(WK) - MS Dhoni in recent times has been in decent form. His form in 2019 IPL was a little less exuberant. Dhoni is the most experienced member of this squad, with this being his 4th World Cup.

5. Ravindra Jadeja - While Jadeja can certainly be reliable with the bat, his contributions in ODIs in the recent past have been more with the ball. Jadeja was part of the 2015 World Cup squad, taking nine wickets in eight games at an economy of 5.35. Even in the recent IPL edition, his overall was an average & can play as an all rounder for the team.

6. Mohammed Shami - One of India's leading seam-ball exponents, has however done well in the 2018-19 season.
    Shami had a good 2015 World Cup, with 17 wickets in seven games at an economy rate of 4.81, his best being 4-35 against Pakistan. He too was better in the recent IPL edition which will add to his advantage.

7. Bhuvneshwar Kumar - Bhuvneshwar has been on very good form for quite a while. His 2018-2019 season saw him do just as well, with 28 wickets at an economy of 4.97. Kumar played only one game in the 2015 World Cup.

8. All the First timer for World cup :
    a) Dinesh Karthik - Making a surprise comeback, Karthik brings with him a wealth of experience of a career that spans 15 years. His recent form in the IPL has brought him into contention.

b)Hardik Pandya - Hardik has turned out to become one of India's best all-rounders, with 731 runs in ODIs at a strike rate of 116.58 averaging at 29.24 as well as 44 wickets at an economy of 5.53. He was in brilliant form in the recent IPL edition.

c) Jasprit Bumrah - Bumrah has become India's strike bowler, since he made the squad against Australia on January 2016. With his brilliant bowling in the IPL '19, he has shown that he is a dangerous bowler & can play a vital role in the bowling for India.

d) Yuzvendra Chahal - He has being in good form in bowling in the IPL 2019 season. Hope this gives him the momentum needed to keep the bowling attack strong.

e) Kuldeep Yadav - The young bowler has been amazing for India since he made his ODI debut. He can play a vital role if given a chance.

f) KL Rahul - Rahul is known more for his skills & has good potential to play in the middle order.

g) Vijay Shankar - Shankar hasn't done anything of note on the international front but his form in the IPL has been very good.

h) Kedar Jadhav - The past two seasons have been fairly good for Jadhav. He improved in the current season.

Great post. Just 2 days to start the wonderful matches. We are all waiting for it.

As the World cup begins today, Lets get out of our couch & start a good discussion about the match.

Today : 30 May 2019
    Match 1 - England vs South Africa(SA)
    Stadium : The Oval
    Toss : SA won the toss & decided to bowl

The best contender for the title - starting the cup will be brilliant.
    Even though England has a better foot on the ground, Sa too stand a chance to change it to their way.
    The win probability as per experts are:
    England (56%) & SA(44%)

The match is ongoing.

What is your say....
    1. Who will win today
    2. MOM

Since this thread was posted first, we have locked the later thread. Sorry, the second thread should not have been posted when this was already submitted, as per our rules.

Please continue your discussions of the 2019 Cricket World Cup in this thread itself, which has now been red-pinned to replace the other one.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

The West Indies who convincingly dominated the field throughout thrashed Pakistan to win the match by seven wickets. It was an expected result but the Pakistan side could not do much to make an impact.
    'Chickens don't praise their own soup'. - Martinican

The two matches held so far were went as expected. England won over South Africa and West Indies won over Pakistan. Everybody expected that Pakistan will lose. But never expected that they will succumb to such a low score. A very bad beginning by Pakistan.
    The matches will start around 12.30 PM as per IST, I think. The two matches were started at that time only. Live telecast will start one hour before the match starts.

drrao
    always confident

After South Africa against England, Pakistan against West Indies, today Sri Lanka has shown loose game and got all out in mere 136 runs.
    These kind of one-sided games are making world cup tournaments less interesting.
    I just want to pray that at least Indian Cricket Team won't do such kinds of upset and perform classic.

"Words are precious, ought to be used wisely." - Umang Shah

I am not sure conditions of other teams but as far as our Indian team is concern, i can see that for the first time, the team sounds well-balanced, confident because of synergy between Captain Virat Kohli and Unofficial Captain M S Dhoni. When the team behaves like a team, no one can beat them and therefore, for the first time, i am confident on our Indian Cricket team.

The taste of what to come in this world cup after the first four matches
    So far the games have been below average, except England in the first match, the teams seem to be unable to hold on till 50 overs. More importantly, the team batting is unable to stretch the innings to the full quota. Did we have too much of 20-20 cricket around the world?

So, I feel in this world cup, the short format (T20) thought process would be in the minds of many players and the average session, in reality, would be around 25-30 overs instead of the full 50 overs.

If the same trend continues, then the world cup organizers would need to think of changing the format of the game.

Kohli damaged his finger during practice session reliable sources telling that he is unfit for the first match against of South Africa.

As far as I understand, Kohli would be available in the first match of India against South Africa. It is the inaugural match and South Africa is a powerful opponent. Moreover, South Africa will most probably miss the service of Dale Steyn, who has been suffering from a shoulder injury.

South Africa is struggling to take a wicket against East Bengal(Bangladesh) current score BAN -60-0(8.2 overs).

I am rooting for Bangladesh. They have shown immense potential and are no pushovers. With a good score of 330 on the Board, they can well defeat South Africa and register their first win in their opening game. A good spell of tight bowling would be great, with few runs being leaked even if many wickets don't fall. Fielders should also be alert to take that one crucial catch or make that one crucial run-out which could dent the score of the opponents even further. At the time of posting this response, South Africa seems to be in a stressful scenario with the run rate much less than the required run rate.

One really good thing was that a match was finally played out to its maximum 50 overs! With IPL-style limited overs in earlier games, the paying public would be peeved at having come all the way to the stadium, not to mention paying for expensive tickets, and not getting their money's worth.

No doubt Bangladesh has improved a lot in ODIs, but I don't think the team would be able to beat mighty South Africa in the World Cup.

Seeing on paper South African players are not looking mighty and on playing field they look similar sort of that. South Africa will struggle throughout the tournament with these bits and pieces of the players. They do not have a player like Kallis nor they do n't have a player caliber like ABDevillers.Everything they rely on Francois Duplessis. For Bangladesh Mortaza captaincy and Ban players, fielding is poor they will lose matches very narrowly.

"Seeing on paper South African players are not looking mighty and on playing field they look similar sort of that. "-------------------Kindly explain in simple language what this compound sentence means. This is required for further discussion.

Bangladesh will win...No doubt about that. Tomorrow read newspapers or wake up until the match is over.

Bangladesh won the match against mighty South Africans(as one of our mighty ISC cricket experts and Engish experts wrote).

As England takes on Pakistan today, England is having much greater chances of winning seeing their past performances. Ben Stokes is going to hit hard. Pakistan would have to play very good to beat the host team. England is a champion team with top class players, whereas Pakistan is full of young talent having new hopes.

Lets hope whatever the result may be, we should get a nail biting match to watch.

The newschannels reported that there is a serious injury on thumb of Virat Kohli. Hope he gets well soon and takes India to a mind blowing victory against South Africa.

There are chances for Pakistan to upset England today lets wait and see what will happen in reality ...... because England is a hard nut to crack.

Pakistan 226/3 in 37 overs against England and Champions trophy Final hero Mohammed Hafeez is with unbeaten 56.

Pakistan 257/3.in 40 overs against England.

After 44 overs
    Pakistan - 292/4
    Sarfaraz @ 37
    Asif Ali @9
    At present. Pakistan are at a good position... England need to play smart

Pakistan after losing its first game of WC against WI has now played well so far putting 348 in 50 overs against England in their second encounter.

England is equally capable to surpass the target as has been seen in the recently in ODI series.

Let's wait and watch this amazing game and see whether Pakistan can be able to pull this game or England wins it.

A close contest is on the cards lets see any miracle happen for Pakistan.

Pakistan almost close to victory Eng 288/6 in 44.3 overs hundreds from England players(Joe and Jos) are in vain

History:
    No team which has had two centurions has ever lost that match in WC

It's a close game. England needs 27 runs in 8 balls. Pakistan has really played well and turned around after forgettable first game in this world cup. This team has got the potential to be the dark horse. Let's see.

Last night, Pakistan went from 105 all out in the first match to 348 batting the full quota of 50 overs and win their second game. Both New Zealand and West Indies have a good net run rate of + 5.8. A high positive NRR would be crucial as we advance into the later stage of the world cup. India needs to the bear this also in mind apart from winning the matches.

This is unpredictable Pakistan! A great team effort and phenomenal bowling by Wahab Riaz and Amir even when it needed the most.

A thumping win against England. With this Pakistan stopped the losing streak.

It could have been 11 or 12 straight lose in ODI's for Pakistan but they pulled it so bravely and registered a first WC win.

Wow! Super Wow! Three cheers to Pakistan for their win. Despite two centuries from the England team, Pakistan defended their total. Of course, getting through practically by a whisker is food for thought for future games. Much before the World Cup started, people have been talking about the possibility of big totals not being too tough for the team batting second to overcome.

I am also thrilled that Bangladesh won. It will be wonderful if all the four, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka, make it an all-Asian semi-final show!

Do participate in this fun summer activity.

Finally, Pakistan won the match. It is its first victory in this world cup. The great England team, the favourites for the cup, lost the game. Riaz bowled extremely well and took 3 wickets for 82 runs. Hafeez bowled very economically and took 1 wicket. 348 runs have become too much to England. Now with this victory, Pakistan will get some energy and enthusiasm and definitely will put up a good show in the tournament.
    drrao
    always confident

Srilanka staggering on 180/8 in 32 overs against Afganistan. Afghanistan has really come up with a lot of surprising performances.
    Afghanistan on the way to make the mark in the world of cricket with blitzing performances! Keep it up Afghans.

While at the same time Srilanka is completely struggling and not playing as per its caliber. Srilanka needs to push itself more strongly to start winning streak, ordinary performances won't do any good.

Sri Lanka versus Afghanistan seems interesting match. Sri Lanka got all out in 201 runs after a small hurdle of rain which led to shorten the innings to 41 overs.
    Instead of terming it as poor performance of Sri Lanka, it is all about fabulous performance of bowlers of Afghanistan.
    Surprisingly, teams like Bangladesh, Afghanistan are performing very well than expectations attached to these terms. They're giving tough competitions to the former world champion teams and also proving that they're noteworthy to participate in the world cup.

Now, let's see how Afghanistan performs in batting.

The rain interfered match between Srilanka and Afghanistan has ended with Srilanka winning by 34 runs (D/L method). Afghanistan gave a good fight but the Srilankan bowlers did well especially Nuwan Pradeep who bowled 9 overs, took 4 wickets with an economy rate of 3.44.

Today South Africa might upset India, as there are clouds and heavy rainfall is expected a draw is also on the cards..... Wait and See what will happen in reality.

South Africa won the toss and choose to bat first against India.
    First match of India in World cup 2019 and it's exciting atmosphere. The fan following of India is in huge numbers in England and same is also visible in stadium.
    India will have to bowl first and it's time to watch delightful deliveries from Bhuvi, Shami, Jadeja, Umesh Yadav and Ishant Sharma.

And ,India takes down first wicket of South Africa on 11 runs. Bumarah is in form and swinging the balls both the sides. Bumarah will be a big challenge fof South Africa today.

Bumrah has struck twice. His latest prey is Quinton de Kock.

And, it's second down. Bumarah rocking the ground. His swings are swinging the whole South African team. South Africa on 24 runs for the loss of 2 wickets.
    Also, a smooth catch by captain Kohli on third slip. De cock departed for lower inning. Great going....

Now, Chahal takes down two wicket im one single over. Both duplessis and Dussen are out. Both the batsmen are bold by Chahal's delivery in one single over. Both the batsmen were settled on the pitch and they had scored partnership of more than 50 runs.
    After these two shocks, now, South Africa is in real trouble and now forget about 200 runs but they will have to struggle to stick to the pitch throughout the inning.

Today is one of the most awaited game for India vs South Africa. Let us hope we could see India win as India has poor record of win against Sourth Africa. Team India is one of the best team in One day International format and India has very bright chance to win the World Cup 2019. Let us hope our all players will be in good form and deliver the performance that is needed to win against rival teams.

India is now in a complete dominance with South Africa on 69/5 with 23.4 hours. All major batsman are out and now SA is struggling to get good score to defend. The performance of SA in the world cup 2019 is not a good one. SA has lost both their first two matches and now its a time to lose their 3rd in a row. Now, we look forward to see the performance of SA over the entire world cup.

Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Thanks to Rabada, South Africa have reached 227 for 9 in 50 overs. All Indian bowlers bowled with discipline and did not experiment much. If the batsmen avoid the unnecessary heroics, India will win this match.

India needs 156 runs in 183 balls!

Not so far from victory!

Rohit Sharma looking good on the crease and K L Rahul playing cautiously.

India has lost KL Rahul, who was not playing satisfactorily. 139 for 3. Dhoni has been promoted at No. 4.

Virat out for 18. South Africa is about to lose the third match in a row and an early exit from the World cup is inevitable.

No SemiFinal chance for SA. All over for them.

Why I don't know, India has won the match fairly easily. Even then, I don't think there was any chance of match-fixing. South Africa tried very hard but the team was short of two very good bowlers. Moreover, Hashim Amla is going through a terribly bad patch. Even then, South Africa fought till the last.

Congrats India for winning the match. SA being a strong team it was great to see our team to defeat them easily.

Simultaneously I am upset to know that SA has now no chance to enter the SF as it's a good team.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Thumping win by India and Rohit's ton was the main attraction of the game! Congratulation for this first WC19 win.

But, It is bad S.A being so great and talented team could not make it to another stage of WC.

Congrats team India on the first win. Best moments were when Bumrah got rid of Amla and deKock. I was a little worried when we lost Dhawan early with the score being 13.Glad to see the well paced knock of Rohit Sharma.
    Saddened by the early exit of South Africa, they have been unlucky as far as the world cup goes since 1992.

India convincingly won its first match with all round good performance of our players. Our bowling department is exceptional with their nagging bowling. Bumrha and Chahal paved way for our first win. In my opinion, our fielding and batting departments have to improve further when we have to fight in tight situations in some other branches.

Australia vs West Indies Australia will win. Its definitely going to happen. South Africa lost with everyone not only to India. Comparing those matches India hasn't won convincingly.

#666966 Wait for July 14th we will see who will win with one match nothing will happen. The answer is within tag number use your brain who will be the winner you will know.

Congratulations to Indian Team. They did an excellent job. The bowlers restricted the opposition team for a reasonable total score which can be easily achieved by a good team having good bowlers. Then our batsmen did the remaining job. Rohit Sharma's century came in very handy. Even though two catches were dropped by SA fielders we should say that he has done a good Job and deserves the Man of the Match award. Indians displayed an all-around effort to show they have the grip on the game and they started the tournament with a big bang.
    drrao
    always confident

West Indies won the toss and elected to field. Australia batting begins...14/0 in 2.0 overs

Australia is struggling against West Indies, from a shaky total of 79 for 5 in 16 overs, they are now 114/5 in 24 overs. Looks like West Indies can win this game comfortably. Let's see what happens.

W I fighting back strongly against Australia.
    112/3 WI.

There is a tight match going on between the West Indies and Australia. WI is 233-6 at 42.3 overs and need 56 runs in 45 balls. Finally a nail-biting match in the World Cup 2019. Hope WI wins!

Yesterday's match was really interesting. Australia has shown its mettle. From a precarious position, in the beginning, it defeated West Indies by 15 runs. It was truly a match between to great cricketing nations.

There is only one legend in modern cricket that is none other Steve Smith(Smudger) and there is only one team which is hard to beat especially in World cup games that is none other than Australia (straight consecutive win in 10 WC matches).

What a match, Australia were 79/5 and West Indies were cruising at 190/5, then lost the way towards the end. The important game changer was the fall of Andre Russell for an excellent catch by Glenn Maxwell ( being compared to Kapil Dev's catch in 1983 final). The running catch at the boundary line by Sheldon Cottrell to dismiss Smith is probably one to the best in this World Cup.

Yesterday's match proved that why Australia is favourites in this WC also. They played well to win over WI. It's not easy to defeat Australia. Thanks to Mitchell Starc who bowled nicely.
    Sanjeev

– Abraham Lincoln

An excellent come back for Australia in the match. I thought all is over and the match is in the hands of WI. But the way the match turned is fantastic, With this win Australia proved hat they are the masters of the game and I think they are the real favourites of the cup. Sunday India is going to play against Australia . An interesting game

drrao
    always confident

Warner, Stoinis, and Maxwell are IPL and BBL players the captain Finch is in and out of form. I think Australians look for a replacement of Stoinis with a proper batsman or bowler against India match otherwise they will be in trouble.

Today's match between Sri Lanka and Pakistan has been abandoned due to heavy rain. Each team has got one point each.

As per Asianet sports experts.... Pakistan had the same start in 1992 in which they were the champion. Does this indicate that they stand a chance this World cup or is this just a myth that it's going their way.
    Anyway Pakistan & Srilanka shared the point 1 each for the draw.

As it looks for me Pakistan and Australia are going to meet in Finals. Seeing Pakistan fans energy like in Champions trophy there is something to store for Pakistan in this World cup we have to wait and see until Jul 14.

Before the India-South Africa match, I was going to put in a response here but got caught up with other things. I was going to state that we have a safe pair of hands behind the stumps, but a couple more could be instrumental in taking catches at the slip positions. I had thought of this after seeing some of the earlier matches where runs were being gained past the wicketkeeper and the possibility of catches getting missed. Well, I would like to pat myself on the back for having come up with a pretty good analysis, with the captain astutely placing first two and then three slip fielders in the first part of the opponent's innings!

Now, for tomorrow's match, I feel that Kedar Jadhav should be replaced with Vijay Shankar. This is on the basis of the stats of Jason Holder, the captain of the West Indies' team, against the Australian team. He bowled a beautiful spell of seven overs with two maidens, snaring a wicket and giving away just 28 runs. Like Holder, Shankar too is a medium pacer. Give him a few overs to bowl to flummox the Australian batsman is my suggestion. As a middle-order batsman, he will be useful as well. It is hoped that Shikar Dhawan comes good. No Bhangra - get the bat to do the moves!

As Aussies need to take quick wickets if they get the openers and Virat then they almost won the game as it proves in Paytm series. I think Pat and Mitchy will able to do this. I think the only concern for Australians is the third seamer Coulter Nile and Stoinis they are not effective especially Stoinis. Aus management has to prefer a proper bowler or batter by replacing in one of them.

Just a details of the grounds where the World cup 2019 matches will be played.

Delete Attachment

At present England vs Bangladesh...
    Eng has made a good score of 386 & Bangladesh struggling with their batting, is @ 224/5 in 40 overs

New Zealand beats Afghanistan and continues winning in this world cup. Williamson and Jimmy Neesham are two players who contributed for their victory. Today is the most awaited day for us as India takes on Australia.
    Sanjeev

– Abraham Lincoln

England won against Bangladesh with a good margin of 106 runs. Newzealand has had a very good start in this world cup. They have won all the three outings and have a very healing net run rate of +2.16. So far, we think Australia would be a tough opponent but India should have a healthy respect for NewZealand too.

Today I thought of discussing about Power play rules.

A powerplay is the fielding restrictions in Limited overs(50 Overs or T20) cricket. It determine that how much players will be allowed outside the 30 yards. The power play was introduced by the International Cricket Council in 2005.

What's the first 10 Overs Powerplay called?
    Mandatory powerplay (1–10 overs): The first 10 overs of an innings will be a mandatory powerplay. During the mandatory power play only two fielders are allowed outside the 30-yard circle.

How many power plays are there?
    There are 3 power plays in ODI cricket.
    Powerplay one (P1) from overs 1 to 10 with a maximum of two fielders outside the 30 yard circle,
    Powerplay two (P2) from overs 11 to 40 with a maximum of four fielders outside the 30-yard circle
    Powerplay three (P3) from 41 to 50 with a maximum of five fielders outside the 30 yard circle.

What is batting powerplay and bowling powerplay?
    The batting powerplay (a five-over block) must be completed by the 40th over. For the batting powerplay, the fielding restrictions allow only three fielders outside the 30-yard circle.
    Under Rule D, the bowling powerplay has been dropped.

Today : 09 June 2019
    Match 1 - India vs Australia
    Stadium : The Oval
    Toss : India won the toss & decided to bat
    The win probability as per experts are:
    India(50%) & Australia(50%)

India has kept the same team & have a well balanced team from the past. We can hope a good match.
    As per the stats of world cup matches against Australia, out of 10 matches, Australia has won 7 & India only 3 times that too chasing.
    The only chance is putting up a good total on the scoreboard. As of now the Indians are playing well & keeping their wickets .
    India 157/1 in 28 Overs

India 170/1 in 30 Overs
    S. Dhawan - 96*(89 Balls)
    V. Kohli - 13*(21 Balls)

S. Dhawan hits his 17th ODI Ton - 100*(95 Balls) in 32.4 Overs

The match is ongoing.

Dhawan completed a century and Rohit completed the half-century. The present score is 204 for 1. So far 34 overs are over. Kohli is on 31 runs. The match is going. Still, a long way to go. But so far all the three batsmen showed good skills. The remaining overs and then the bowlers and fielders skill is to be seen. I wish all the best to Team India.
    drrao
    always confident

After 35 Overs
    India 206 / 1

S Dhawan - 112*(103 Balls)
    V. Kohli - 32*(37 Balls)
    India is playing well & hope to set a good score on the board.

India has lost it's 2nd Wicket
    S. Dhawan departs 117(109 Balls) by M Strac in 36.6 Overs

After 40 Overs
    India 236 / 2

V. Kohli - 49*(53 Balls)
    H. Pandya - 7*(8 Balls)

India is playing well & hope to set a good score on the board.
    India has reached 250 runs in 41.1 Overs &
    V. Kohli reached his 1st half ton(50 Runs) of this World cup in 54 Balls

At the end of 45 Overs India are 293/ 2
    V. Kohli - 70*(68 Balls) 4-Four & 1-Six
    H. Pandya - 42*(23 Balls) 3-Four & 3-Six
    CRR - 6.51

It looks India will win and it will be a good victory for India and it will boost our hope of winning the world cup.
    Sanjeev

– Abraham Lincoln

At the end of 50 overs, India has posted a respectable total of 352 runs. We have had good contributions from all the batsmen today. Hoping that the Indian bowlers keep up their promise they have shown so far. A victory today will help the team morale and of course India's position in the table.

After 50 Overs
    India 352/ 5 (31-Four & 8-Six)

K.L.Rahul - 11*(3 Balls)
    K. Jadhav - 0*(0 Balls)
    CRR - 7.04

India has put a very decent score on board, looks positive & showing everyone that the decision to bat first after winning the Toss on the flat pitch has worked for team India.
    All batsmen have contributed from their side. The openers have played their role very well.
    The fall of Wicket :
    1. R. Sharma - 57 (70 Balls) at 127/1in 22.3 Overs
    2. S. Dhawan - 117 (109 Balls) at 220/2 in 36.6 Overs
    3. H. Pandya - 48 (27 Balls) at 301/3 in 45.5 Overs
    4. M.S. Dhoni - 27 (14 Balls) at 338/4 in 49.1 Overs
    5. V. Kohli - 82 (77 Balls) at 348/5 in 49.5 Overs

Now it's the turn of the Bowlers & teammates to contribute their part for India.
    All the best INDIA.

Australia 140/2 in 25 overs in reply to 352 runs. Shaker Dawan played a great knock of 117 of 109 balls. Rohit also played a great innings. And pandays was merciless today hitter 48 of just 27 balls. Kholi also hit 82 runs.

Can India defend the total will be interesting to see?

Australia needs 80 runs in 30 balls at 12.32 pro. Seems difficult but not impossible.

India trying its best to win this match.

Good going India!

Congratulations team India. The men in blue have played a superior game and won convincingly by 36 runs, Australia bowled out for 316 in 50 overs.

India has won the match thanks to efforts from all twelve team members (including Jadeja as a fielder). Australia has lost the match but has amply proved that the team fights till the last ball is bowled.

The Aus team management made an erroneous tactical decision they have to send Max/Carey/Stoinis ahead of Khwaja... and Behenderoff should play in eleven. read this #667079

Congratulations to Team India. Teamwork paid the dividends. All the players contributed collectively and won the match. Man of the Match award is to Dhawan. Bowlers did well and they got all the ten wickets. With this victory, the Indian team will be more confident and definitely do better in the coming matches. Now India is in 3rd positions in the points list. Good going and I feel the team will keep up the good work done.
    drrao
    always confident

Today 10 June 2019
    Match : 15 of 48
    Stadium : Rose Bowl Cricket stadium
    Match : SA vs WI

It will be a must win match for SA after a very bad start for this world cup with 3 straight Loss. The SA team will look for a win against WI who also will go for a win to be on the top 4.
    WI looking more confident & will keep their bowling attack & will wish that Gayle play his natural game.

All the best to both the side.

South Africa will win today against West Indies that is going to happen 100% sure...

I don't understand why all most all Indian matches are scheduled on Sundays. Now with Pakistan clash that will be held on Sunday.Something fishing...

The committee is looking for getting the crowd. Major cricket following are Asian & the best crowd & support is for India. Hope that's the reason for keeping India's matches on Saturday or Sunday .

WI won the toss & opted to bowl first.

SA are 29/2 in 7.3 overs.
    Fall of Wickets:
    1. H. Amla - 6(7) - 11/1 in 2.3 Overs
    2. A. Markram - 5(10) - 28/2 in 6.1 Overs

Game delayed due to rain.

Duplicate.

Yes, Bhushan as lots of Indians and Pakistanis reside in the UK so most of their matches are scheduled on Sundays so that lots of people may come to the stadium and may enjoy it.
    Sanjeev

– Abraham Lincoln

"I don't understand why all most all Indian matches are scheduled on Sundays. Now with Pakistan clash that will be held on Sunday.Something fishing..."-------------As far as I understand, this is purely a business decision taken by ICC and MCC (England Cricket Board). By the way, who is fishing in England? My relatives staying at Manchester state that the weather is ideal for fishing.

Today Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Bangladeshi Tigers will win today that is 100% sure. If rain not interrupted.

An interesting match between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh is going to take place soon. Hope the rain does not spoil it because it is too much sad for both the fans and the teams. Sri Lanka is going to win. Get ready for a nail-biting match!

Jokes...

Bangladesh Won the Toss and Choose to swim first... As the Ground is full of Water or Bangladesh won the toss and choose to take out water from the Ground...

a good joke Mr. Bhushan.

The match no#16 between Sri Lanka & Bangladesh is delayed due to rain. The match result would have helped the winning team to move above most of the team. Hoping for the match to resume.

Yesterdays match:
    Match no#15 between South Africa & West Indies were also cancelled due to rain & both the teams shared 1 Points each.

Injuries ...

Shikar Dhawan is out of World cup due to Thumb injury... Australia Marcus Stoinis ruled out due to a side strain and Mitch Marsh been recalled to join the squad. There is some superstition that Shaun and Mitch Marsh is playing Australia will lose the series...

As there is a news from reliable sources there is a rain threat for India vs New Zealand Match...

For India :
    Shikhar Dhawan suspected hairline fracture on the thumb after the superb inning against Australia need rest for as long as three weeks, meaning they would have a difficult decision over whether to officially replace him in the squad, or simply wait until he is available.

Vijay Shankar could come into the middle order with KL Rahul promoted to open, but they may prefer to call up Shreyas Iyer or Rishabh Pant instead.

Even the match between India vs New Zealand may be affected by rain.

Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh match has been called off due to rain. Another match called off due to rain. It is not at all a good sign. Bad luck!

Shikhar Dhawan's injury is a matter of concern for India. After all, he is an in-form opener. However, I think KL Rahul would open in his place and Ravindra Jadeja will take his place in the final eleven.

That's unfortunate that Shikhar Dhawan will not be able to play for at least 3 weeks. That's a big blow for India as he is in good form and has shown it in the match against Australia.
    Sanjeev

– Abraham Lincoln

It would be a big blow for India if Dhawan is unable to play another match in this world cup. With so many matches being washed away, teams might qualify by simply accumulated single points.

Ravindra Jadeja not Rabindra Jadeja please correct accordingly Mr.Partha

Australia vs Pakistan today Australia might cross over the line however a tight contest is on the cards because with the high percentage of rain forecast there might be changes in runs scored...Pakistan won the toss and opted to field...

Australia vs Pakistan. Australia batting cautiously. Run rate is about 6. Let us see if Australia maintains this tempo and scores a good runs and then Pakistan has to follow it with some hard work and strategic play as a bigger score to follow is always a demotivating factor for the team which elects to field after the toss.
    Knowledge is power.

Match : 17 of 48
    Teams : Australia vs Pakistan
    Stadium : County Ground, Taunton
    Toss : Pakistan won the toss & elected to bowl first

After 25 Overs : Aus - 165/ 1
    Batting :
    2. D. Warner - 62*(63)
    3. S. Smith - 6*(5)

Wicket : 146/1 in 22.1 Overs
    1. A. Finch -82(84) - c M. Hafeez, b M. Amir

Australia will post a mammoth score and it is impossible for Pak to chase at this moment Aus:2/218 in 33 overs

After 35 Overs : Aus - 228/ 3 CRR - 6.51
    Batting :
    2. D. Warner - 97*(101)
    5. S. Marsh - 3*(5)

Wicket : 146/1 in 22.1 Overs
    1. A. Finch -82(84) - c M. Hafeez, b M. Amir
    3. S. Smith - 10(13)-c Asif Ali, b M. Hafeez
    4. G. Maxwell -20(10) - b S. Afridi

Century : David Warner gets his ton - 101*(102) in 35.1 Overs

Mr. Bhushan: What is your prediction? Can Australia go beyond 375 in 50 overs? How would Pakistan perform while batting? How many sixes can we see during Pakistan's inning? Who will score the highest run in the match?

After 50 Overs : Aus - 307/ 10 CRR - 6.27

Pakistan has held the Aussies from making a mammoth score. At a time, we felt that Australia would make 350+ runs on board but the Pakistan bowlers have done a good job by taking wickets at regular intervals.
    Mohammad Amir has taken 5-Wicket in his 10 Overs with 2 Maiden & an economy of 3.00.

Win probability is as follows :
    Australia 70% & Pakistan 30%

Australia was going good and was expected to make about 350 but were out only at 307. Now for Pakistan it is not a big target but so far they have made only 128 runs and for winning they need to make 180 runs in 156 balls. Not a difficult thing but nothing can be predicted at this stage.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I want to watch all Indian cricket matches live but unable to watch due to unavailability of DTH. I don't have any Hotstar live cricket paid membership. Would you please share any coupan or discount code for hotstar VIP membership.
    I found one code for hotstar but it didn't work.
    http://hotstarworld.com/hotstar-sports-package/hotstar-live-cricket/

Mr.Mukesh Dhaiya, if you have a Jio sim connection, then you can watch the sessions for free, only the data will get deducted from the active plan. If you need more information, you can check https://www.digit.in/news/telecom/reliance-jio-announces-new-jio-cricket-season-data-plan-subscribers-can-watch-icc-world-cup-for-free-48421.html

Australia have won the match by 41 runs. Chasing a score of 308 to win, Pakistan had hopes until the 8th wicket partnership of 64 runs was broken at 264. Then the last two wickets fell for just two runs.

A good in hand match shifted to the opponents favor. You can blame the top order for giving away their wickets easily.
    At the start of the match, they had maintained the run rate but Aussies managed to get their wickets in every interval which took the match away from the Pakis.

Australia won against Pakistan game and got those two points...But Aus need to improve a lot of areas, especially in the Bowling department...

India vs New Zealand match might be a washout... If the match begins a close fight is on the cards and India will cross over the line but what will happen reality Lets wait and see.

Match : 18 of 48
    Teams : India vs New Zealand
    Stadium : Trent Bridge
    Winning Probability : India (50%) & New Zealand (50%)

As both teams have a winning history in the tournament, both will try to maintain the same. As the blues will be having a new opening player, the blacks may have the same team. Hoping that rain won't affect the game today & that India keep up their winning practice.

Will be a tight fight. May the best team win.

Can any one predict whether today's match would be a total washout or would be decided by D-L system?

I would request the Editors to consider opening the second part of this thread after today's match. This thread has become a very long thread with responses.

Today match is abandoned it's not official yet one more bad news is that India vs Pakistan clash is also a rainy day(Weather report)

Thanks Bhushan for your update & I think todays match may be canceled due to rain. Not good for both the teams as winning always help or say a result is much better than sharing points this way.
    As per the reports, June is normally very wet in England & suggest they could have kept the world-cup in August.

There were reserve days in 1999, of course. Indeed, it allowed England vs India to continue on a second day, the hosts eliminated after collapsing. Now even Bangladesh has raised their voice and have asked for a reserve day in such situations.

What do you think?

Agree with Mr.Partha, can we have ICC world cup thread II. This thread needs to be scrolled a lot to reach the latest one. With the rain-affected loss, India now has to win all the next three matches to stay in the race for the semi-finals.

Hey, thanks for the information. I never knew this. I am interested in all India matches <3

Today England will take on West Indies team as English team will cross over the line if rain permits to play....

Australia will take on Sri Lanka. Australia will win the game comfortably. Today is Sunny day in England as play is definitely possible

Australia won comfortably from Srilanka.

Today is the most awaited match for us that is of India Vs Pakistan. Hope that it will be a good match provided it doesn't rain and spoil the match.

Sanjeev

– Abraham Lincoln

Just for information of yesterdays match : 15 June 2019

1. Match - 20 of 48
    Teams - Australia vs Sri Lanka
    Toss - Sri Lanka won the toss & elected to bowl
    Score : Aus - 334 / 7 (50) & SL - 247/10 (45.5)
    Result : Australia won by 87 runs
    MOM - Aaron Finch (AUS) - 153 (132)

2. Match - 21 of 48
    Teams - Afghanistan vs South Africa
    Toss - SA won the toss & elected to bowl
    Score : AFG - 125 /107 (35.1) & SA - 131/1 (28.4)
    Result : South Africa won by 9 wickets (DLS method)
    MOM - Imran Thair (SA) - 4/29(7)

Todays match, the most awaited one : India vs Pakistan at Old trafford cricket ground.

As per the experts, In world cup, India have never lost to Pakistan in our 6 encounter. Every match that is played between these two countries is a nail biting one. You never know till the last ball. India will have a major change as Shikhar Dhawan is replaced but waiting for the name. India is playing well as they beat the table top Australia in their last match.
    Pakistan may be having their same players. They have a good bowling line-up & are also good in playing the spinners. The only matter is their top oder batting which is still not upto mark & also their fielding is not in form.

India has good overall coverage with having the top order being in form, Bowling under control , Middle order playing their part well & even the Feilding has being ok.

Sitting in excitement for the match to begin.
    All the best team India, Keep up the record going.

Rohit Sharma and kl Rahul provided a solid foundation to India. Though KL Rahul lost his wicket after scoring fifty, Rohit moved on to hit a century and is still at the crease!
    India surely looking favorites in this game.
    220/1 in 37 overs.

Coming back the updates on the most awaited match of this world cup 2019.

Match - 22 of 48
    Teams - India vs Pakistan
    Toss - Pakistan won the toss & decided to bowl
    Score : Ind - 336/5 ( 50 ) CRR - 6.72

Batting :
    6. V. Shankar - 15*(15)
    7. K. Jadhav - 9*(8)

Fall of wicket :
    2. K.L. Rahul - 57(78) in 23.5 Overs / India are 136 / 1
    1. R. Sharma - 140(113) in 38.2 Overs / India are 234 / 2
    4. H. Pandey - 26(19) in 43.5 Overs / India are 285 / 3
    5. M.S. Dhoni - 1(2) in 45.1 Overs / India are 298 / 4
    3. V. Kohli - 77(65) in 47.4 Overs / India are 314 / 5

Some of the highlight of the match :
    1. Rohit sharma completed his century[100 in 34 balls in 11.5 Overs] with a four. This is his 43rd ODI fifty & 7th against Pakistan.
    2. Virat Kohli completed his half century[50 in 51 balls in 43.1 Overs]. This is his 51st ODI fifty.
    3. Virat Kohli completed 11000 in just 222 innings, overtaking Sachin Tendulkar who took 226 innings. Now he is the fastest to achieve 11K in 222 innings.

India has completed 100 runs in 17.3 Overs in 105 balls
    India has completed 200 runs in 34.3 Overs in 101 balls
    India has completed 300 runs in 45.4 Overs but in just 68 balls

Its raining now, Players have gone to pavilion. Hover covers have come up & others areas are also being covered. If DL method will be introduced, it can favor Pakistan. As they are big hitters of ball & can chase the target set by that method.
    Let's hope that rain stops and the match continues. A full 50 over match.

The prayers are answered, Play resumed.
    India lost their captain V. Kohli - 77(65) & Amir has taken his 3rd wicket 3/38 (9)

India has set a good total Pakistan requires 337 runs to win at a rate of 6.72

Except Mohammed Amir (46/3 in 10 overs), no Pakistani bowler could maja any impact. India has fair chance to win.

Rain stops the match. But India is going to win by 89 runs according to DLS method if the match ends at this stop. So basically, India vs Pakistan in World Cup is 7-0.

India wins the match and kept the pride of the crores of Indian fans soaring high. Barring a couple of possible runouts, the early loss of Dhoni and the injury scare of Kumar while bowling, India looked good and sound.

Congrats Cricket Team India!

India and Pakistan should resume playing cricket regularly. Then only Inda-Pak matches become competitive. This is what I felt by seeing yesterday's match.

I will be back......

India registered a thumping win and it looked so easy for India in the end and Pakistan only waited for the defeat!!

India is a stable team and strength as a team is great. Rohit Sharma as a batsman has significantly improved a lot in a couple of months.

Kholi is evergreen and became the fastest 11000 run scorer. I wish him all the best in future.

Bowling has been phenomenal from all the bowlers. This was absolutely a match-winning team and there is no comparison between India and Pakistan. India is way ahead to Pakistan.

Pakistan never looked to play to win but waited for the defeat in the match. And India sealed it comfortably.

Congratulations team India!

It was a good win. Pakistan never looked to be in the game. It's great to see the team effort which made India win the big match against their arch-rivals. Thanks to Rohit Sharma who played very well and pushed Pakistan on the back foot from the start of the match.
    Sanjeev

– Abraham Lincoln

Congratulation to team India : Rohit Sharma is MOM for his 140 (113)
    Pakistan had to make 302 in 40 Overs (DLS method) but looked far away & India won the match comfortably with 86 runs.
    India is on 3rd position in the Point table with 7 Points in 4 matches.

Coming to the highlight of the match - 2nd innings:
    1. Bhuvneshwar kumar has got injured- Hamstring, which means will be out of play for at least 2-3 matches.
    2. 1st ball - 1st wicket for Vijay shankar that too in his first world cup match.
    3. Rain came in both the innings at the end but could resume the match(under DLS method)
    4. The stadium was full & men in blue was more the the men in green.
    5. India has kept its winning track against Pakistan in all its World cup encounter. India leading with 7 - 0

Today's match : West Indies vs Bangladesh

Match - 23 of 48
    Teams - West Indies vs Bangladesh
    Toss - Bangladesh won the toss and choose to bowl first.
    Score : WI - 321 / 8 (50) at CRR of 6.42
    Winning Probability - WI (75%) & Bangladesh (25%)

End of first innings, Lets watch how Bangladesh chase this good total.

Bangladesh has won the match. No one could ever imagine that Bangladesh would chase 321 runs in 41 overs but Shakib Al Hasan is the man who changes the whole game.

Well said, Bangladesh came for batting & started as if it was a normal score to chase. They never looked like under pressure. They used the bounce of the West indies bowler to their favor and score runs. West Indies were never in the match from the start. The bangladeshis never gave their bowler to put pressure. The fall of their 2 wickets, made everyone think that now it's all over but their 3rd & 5th pair came and changed the whole game to their favor. Hasan is in good form. His 4th fifty in this world cup. Das supported him. he sit hat-trick sixes on S. Gabriel ball in the 38th over.

Final Score : WI 321/10(50) & Bangladesh 322/3(41.3)

3.Shakib Al Hasan - 124*99) with 16 Fours
    5. Liton Das - 94*(69) with 8 Fours & 4 Sixes
    MOM - Shakib Al Hasan

This is the best run chase win in this world cup. Now bangladesh in on 5th position & there is not much difference, anything can happen.

Todays Match : Match - 24 of 48
    Teams - England vs Afghanistan

Match - 24 of 48
    Teams - England vs Afghanistan
    Toss - England won the toss and choose to bat first.
    Score : Eng - 397/ 6 (50) at CRR of 7.94
    Winning Probability - Eng (99%) & Afghanistan (1%)

Highlight of England inning :
    - Eoin Morgan, the English captain breaks the record of most sixes in an ODI - 17 sixes & 4 Fours in this score of 148 of just 71 balls with a strike rate of 208.45
    - England has so far registered the best total of 397/6(50) in this world cup.
    - Rashi Khan became the most expensive bowler of this world cup with 110(9) at an economy of 12.22

End of first innings & England has shown their supremacy by putting a good score on board. At present Afghanistan seem far away from this match.

• Sign In to post your comments